For the recruitment of this position, we would like to emphasize that local conditions apply to the position and for this vacancy in principle we will first consider candidates based in the Netherlands. If you are based outside of the Netherlands and you are interested to apply, please feel free to do so but we can only take your application on if a decision is made to also recruit outside of the Netherlands.
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
We want our business to flourish, and we know that our success depends on others flourishing around us. That’s why our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace, and why sustainable, long-term growth is at the heart of our business model.
Hellendoorn is a key site in the European Ice Cream network, as it is the home of Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream production within Europe.
The Hellendoorn Finance Manager is responsible for leading in year financial performance, providing financial business partnering & helping to shape site strategic development together with the factory director and site leadership team.
As the IFM for the site you play a critical role within the leadership team taking responsibility for all financial aspects including providing decision making support, preparing financial appraisal for investments, and driving the sites savings agenda.
The IFM is also accountable for keeping compliance of the site to the Unilever control framework and audit requirements. The role is part of a European team of Industrial Finance Business Partners and reports into the Ice Cream Network lead for Europe. The role is powered by the Supply Chain Financial Services team (SCFS) on main accounting, controlling, and reporting tasks.
Being the ‘home’ of Ben and Jerrys Europe brings additional responsibility and opportunities to work with not only the European B&J business but also the global B&J business.
In this role you will be the face of all financial aspects surrounding B&Js and have responsibility for providing consolidated analysis and forecasts (incorporating the production line in Gloucester).
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- 3yr Master Plan and Budget Planning development
- Lead Performance management through Weekly Cost Governance and monthly cycle
- Month End/Controlling Activities
- Business partnering Site Leadership Team – Factory Director
- Responsible for delivery of in year financial performance (cost/waste/capex), final creation and submission of site forecast & annual business plan
- Responsible to ensure site on-ground controls are executed (inventories, assets, balance sheet)
- Co-creates and co-drives savings agenda with operations and uses available tools, eg manufacturing excellence methodologies, and benchmarking.
- Supports ABC/ transfer pricing process led by SCFS
- Support decision making for strategic projects
- Deliver annual KPMG audit
- End to end ownership of full P&L and balance sheet for the site. This includes:
- Site perimeter production costs and volumes
- Material Waste
- Business Waste – Cost of quality, Obsoletes, AWO, R2
THE QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR
- Skills Overview: analytics, driving performance, stakeholder management, collaboration, influencing, decision making, willingness to learn
- Mobility requirements: Role to be based at the Hellendoorn factory with minimal travel
- Standards of Leadership: Bias for Action, Accountability and Responsibility
Professional qualifications and experience: Finance Qualification Equivalent to CIMA /business degree, fluent in Dutch
WHAT DOES UNILEVER OFFER?
Unilever is the place where you can be yourself and bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. We offer an exciting & dynamic work environment where you can make things happen. Furthermore, we offer some great reward and benefits!
- Attractive total remuneration package; excellent company pension, bonus, share scheme.
- Flexible cross-disciplinary career opportunities and a wealth of training opportunities & wellbeing resources whenever and wherever.
- Plenty of company-paid holidays to further ensure your work-life balance is maintained.
- We encourage an inclusive culture, which comes to life with interchangeable public holidays, paid paternity leave of 6 weeks and our transgender policy.
- Under the Hybrid Working principles, you will be expected to spend a minimum of 40% in the office or at customers, suppliers or partners to connect and collaborate. For the time you work from home, we will ensure you are well equipped.When you are at the office , you can enjoy our tasty canteen withprepped food and own products.
- Informal culture and being the first one trying our new products.
- My Fitness Plan (reduction on your Fitness Subscription).
- Home work allowance
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Green Mobility Policy.
Join Unilever and our team! To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter.