Five Guys Netherlands Shift Manager- Handcrafted Career Opportunities Since 1986
Picture this. You’re on the early shift. You rock up at 8am. You meet your friends/colleagues… and then it’s action time. Hand-forming beef patties for those juicy burgers. Cutting big bags of potatoes (from Dronten) that will soon be delicious fries. Making salted caramel from scratch for a tasty milkshake mix-in. You’re actually learning how to cook and rocking out to the music while you do it.
It’s mornings like these that inspire the Five Guys philosophy: great burgers and fries, crafted in a clean restaurant run by friendly staff.
What you will do:
You as a Shift Manager know how to motivate your crew to strive for the best results and make shifts run smoothly, taking responsibility over the store and crew in moments of absence of the manager, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance, team managers and others duties.
So, what’s it take to be a successful Five Guys Shift Manager?
- Energy & Stamina – it’s a team-based work environment and manager energy is important.
- Ability To Work At A Fast Pace – Our kitchen’s have a lot going on and there’s lots of on-the-line communication and job rotation. It’s not for everybody.
- Good Communication – Our crew is vocal and supports and works with each other on what’s happening real-time during each shift.
- Love For Burgers and loud music – We make some of the best burgers and fries in the biz and do it to the sounds of tunes. Yes, singing is encouraged.
- Caring About Your Teammates – Always working for the success of your team.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Secondary Education degree (or equivalent), candidacy for the same is acceptable.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a food service or retail environment is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and group communication skills; also needed to analyze, create and interpret general business memos and documents.
- Basic math skills
- Strong and flexible ability in problem solving and decision-making.
- Basic computer skills are required in order to operate POS (cash register) systems.
- Minimum availability of 24 Hours in a week
- Certificate in Social Hygiene and BHV is a pre (if not in possession: willingness to acquire)