R&D Food Technologist
Location: Rotterdam (end 2021 we will move to Wageningen)
Are you an energetic person with a passion to develop food that consumers will love and who will bring new ideas to the business? And do you want to work for the global leader in plant-based nutrition in a dynamic environment?
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working time and remote working opportunity
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneur environment full of development opportunities
- Great atmosphere in a team of ‘best in class’ professionals
- As a food technologist, your primary responsibility is to ensure that our products are safe and meet specific standards. You will be part of a product development team. Running projects in multidisciplinary teams with a Technical Project Leader and colleagues from marketing, supply chain, quality, etc. The focus of the product development will be on spreads (water in oil emulsions) and or plant based cheeses (starch structures)
On a daily base, you will:
- focus on creating the best taste and functionality for our consumers
- Plan experiments (lab, pilot plant and factory) according to technical hypothesis, report data and draw conclusions.
- Develop product prototypes on bench, pilot plant and factory scales in line with the quality standards.
- Characterize prototypes both on physical-chemical and sensory aspects and evaluate their shelf-life.
- Assess new ingredients.
- Set up the relevant parts of product/technical specifications for sourcing and supply chain in line with quality and consumer safety requirements.
- Contribute to the quality control of laboratory methods and equipment.
- Bring the designed products to factory scale and successfully run 1st production
You have HBO (Higher Vocational Education / Bachelor), preferably in Foods technology, Chemical engineering or similar areas. With a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
Do you have experience with emulsion technology and with starch technology? That would be fantastic. It would be even better if you also have experience in data process analysis from factory and pilot trials (incl data mining on process output parameters).
We are looking for a a team player with a can-do mentality. You are a self-starter who can work independently in eg. factory trials. You will be able to execute analysis and product performance tests. Fluent in English is a must since you will be working in an international environment. Upfield is a fast paced company and it is important that you have the willingness to adapt and be flexible.
As soon as it it possible you also will be travelling to other factories on a regular basis.
You will be joining the world’s largest plant-based nutrition company that operates in over 95 countries. We’re building a sustainable business that delivers a positive social impact wherever we can. You can find out more about us here.
So if you are a people person, believe in a Better Plant Based-Future and connect with our core values of Performance, Passion, and Care, click the easy apply button below!