Product Developer Food
Product Developer Specialized Nutrition required in Utrecht!
Do you have 3 years of product development experience in the food industry, preferable with liquid products in the dairy category? Are you open for a new challenge where you will be responsible for the reformulation of the current portfolio on a global level? And ready to grow in one of the world’s largest food organizations?!
Then we have got a fantastic opportunity for you!
Responsibilities: Product Developer Food
You are responsible for taking the lead within the technical stages of changes and adaptation in liquid products that are currently on the market. The scope contains product changes related to productivity, secure supply, quality, and capabilities. The impact of the changes must be considered, meeting all business needs (sensory, nutrition requirements, regulatory etc.).
You ensure business continuity by maintaining and improving products to vulnerable consumers. You will work in cross-functional project teams to deliver reformulations. You will be the Research & Innovation (R&I) voice in project teams. You will work with a high variety of stakeholders ranging: Operations, Regulatory affairs, Marketing, Medical, Science, Specification Management, Advanced Technology, Process technology, User Experience, Internal factories and external stakeholders, like 3rd Party Manufacturers.
This role is part of the Specialized Nutrition (SN) team focusing on a wide range of liquid products, Infant milks & Foods for Special Medical Purposes (FSMP).
- Be the R&I lead within the technical stages of reformulation, from laboratory work to commercial implementation in the factory;
- Working closely together with stakeholders in Supply Points, Quality, Procurement & Operations on trials and alignments on the final results;
- Ensuring formulations follow robust design principles, risk mitigations are in place, and all documentation in line with F4G processes is completed;
- Product compliance with nutritional, sensory, physical and chemical requirements, fulfilling end user needs;
- Build and own expertise on product category – Technical, Quality in Design;
- Able to look critically at the current product development process & challenge the status quo and capturing knowledge;
- Function in full compliance with internal quality procedures, by ensuring technical documents are up to excellent standards;
- Able to anticipate risks and challenges and to proactively propose solutions;
Requirement : Product Developer Food
- Relevant experience in Product Development, preferably in Infant milks and/or Medical Nutrition;
- Masters Degree or higher in Food Science/Technology;
- Scientific Mindset;
- Critical thinking and problem solving;
- Can deal with changing priorities, manage uncertainty and deal with complexity in a dynamic organization;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
The Offer : Product Developer Food
Through our agency, you will receive a 12-month temporary contract with an external party.
There is a possibility that your contract will be renewed after these 12 months or that our client will make you an offer of a contract, however, we are not able to guarantee this.
Your salary will depend on your degree of education and work history with a maximum of €5000 gross per month based on 40 hours workweek. In addition, you will have 30 annual leave days and a hybrid working environment.
What will happen when you apply? Within four working days, we will let you know whether you are qualified for the position. If you do we will schedule an interview (digital or live). In this interview, we will inform you about the vacancy, the company, and the procedure. If we both agree this is a fitting opportunity we will introduce you to our client and continue to guide you through the whole application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruitment consultants. Every recruiter has a strong focus regarding his/her own field of expertise. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both you, as the candidate, and the client.