Thai Union Europe (www.thaiunion.com) is a global FMCG company with multiple affiliates across EMEA. Thai Union Europe (TUE) is a subsidiary of Thai Union Ltd (TU); a global seafood business with more than 35,000 employees worldwide and HQ located in Bangkok. TU owns some of the world’s largest seafood brands – Petite Navire, Parmentier, Mareblu, John West, Red Lobster, King Oscar are well known examples. TU also has private label capabilities. Besides the sustainability strategy SeaChange 2030, innovation is one of the Group’s major strategic priorities to achieve growth ambitions. To accelerate the innovation progress, TU launched the Global Innovation Center (GIC) in Bangkok, Thailand in 2015. In this R&D center Thai Union challenges itself to think boldly, question the status quo and take calculated risks to unlock revolutionary changes in the way seafood is procured, produced, packaged and consumed. To accelerate innovation in Europe, TUE has recently launched an Innovation Hub in Wageningen, The Netherlands. At the moment the Innovation Hub is preparing a move to a state-of-the-art innovation location, also in Wageningen. To further strengthen the packaging team we are searching for a proactive and passionated Packaging Engineer.
- Responsible for initiating, coordinating and implementing various packaging projects for innovation, sustainability, productivity and secure supply and quality compliance
- Being proactive in a new packaging team with a Packaging Director, another Packaging Engineer and a Packaging Data Officer, all based in Wageningen
- Managing various packaging projects with the focus on technical innovations for own brands and/or custom-made private label solutions
- Working in close cooperation with suppliers and bringing trends and ideas outside-inside
- Coordinating packaging projects from A-Z; from brainstorming till the validation and implementation in the European Thai Union factories
- Leading the validations of packaging in close cooperation with a.o. operations and assuring that the packaging specifications are complete and correct
- Managing the equipment and procedures in the new packaging laboratory
- Reporting to the Packaging Director.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Packaging Technology/Engineering or an equivalent
- Some years of technical packaging experience in the FMCG business, preferably in the food industry, with own brands and private labels
- Actual knowledge about multi-material packaging development and innovation, preferably in metal, flexibles and aluminium
- Strong project management skills, participating in cross functional international teams involving Marketing, Operations, Procurement and Quality
- Fit with a ‘start-up environment within a multinational’; comfortable working in an international organisation with various cultures, able to travel approximately 20 % of time
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English
- Personal skills: analytical, well structured, creative, autonomous, goal and results oriented, perseverance, consumer driven and can-do mentality.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Annemarie van den Bos, telephone: +31(0)317-468686 / +31(0)6-53310126 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com.
Thai Union Europe selected DUPP for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.