DUPP – Food Recruitment
Next Gen Foods ( www.nextgenfoods.sg ), makers of TiNDLE and Mwah!, was founded in 2020 as food tech startup with a mission ‘to make saving the planet easy, enjoyable and delicious’. In a few years the company, with HQ based in Singapore, has grown to 60 employees who are spread over various locations including Singapore, United States, United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands. Next Gen Foods is developing and commercializing delicious, innovative and sustainable plant-based food concepts. Their global brands include TiNDLE, chicken made from plants, and Mwah!, creamy and indulgent dairy-inspired products. The organisation is backed by international teams with proven experience in plant-based food technology, global brand development and distribution scaleup. World class R&D teams coupling significant plant based expertise with cutting edge technology and innovation to deliver exceptional plant based products that look, taste and cook like products made from animals. TiNDLE and Mwah! are just the start of Next Gen Foods’ journey plant-based food innovation. For the further expansion of the Global Innovation Centre of Next Gen Foods in Singapore, we are currently searching for an entrepreneurial and ambitious Head of NPD.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the innovation strategy for plant-based products, with the main focus on meat alternatives
- Developing and delivering the innovation & technology plan in line with the Next Gen Foods strategy and overall business plan
- Leading the Global Innovation Center by building and managing the innovation & technology team and facilities, with food technologist and research associates
- Steering the R&D of new products, applications, recipes and processes
- Conducting nutritional, market acceptance and shelf-life studies
- Evaluating new raw materials, ingredients and flavours from suppliers to create new product attributes
- Developing and implementing new texturization and taste technologies
- Monitoring market and consumer trends and to develop the product portfolio pipeline
- Collaborating closely with external production partners in Singapore and around the world for implementing new products and technologies
- Being an internal technical advisor, great brainstormer and team player on product-related matters
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Technology, Food Science or equivalent
- Relevant experience in managing and executing food NPD with proven record of initiative, innovation and research productivity; ideally with vegan/vegetarian food
- In-depth understanding of ingredients and food application processes, which influence the product matrix of final food products (like flavour, texture, colour and nutritional profile)
- Experienced in B2B or B2C food production facilities for consumer food products, food ingredients or flavours and able to oversee and trouble shoot in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with regulatory, food safety and quality requirements
- Capable of both building and managing your own team as well as being highly engaged and pragmatic in the execution of your own projects
- Available to work and live in Singapore with an international mindset and regular travelling
- Fits with the international culture and dynamics of a young, entrepreneurial and innovative company, with dedicated energetic teams and many challenges
- Personal skills: pro-active, energetic, analytical, drive for innovation, focus on results, strong communicator, convincing, adaptive, hands on mentality and can-do attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jakob Jan Verbraak, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 /+31 (0)6-51820349 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com.
Next Gen Foods selected DUPP – Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in this Executive Search.