The Protein Brewery (TPB) (www.theproteinbrewery.nl), is an innovative developer of plant based, highly nutritious food ingredients, driving the transition to alternative food sources across the globe. The company was founded in January 2020 as a demerger of BioscienZ BV. Their specialized fermentation process, led by unique fungal species, seamlessly converts sugars into protein. TPB’s hero product Fermotein® enhances the nutritional value of various food products without compromising flavor or texture, making it a versatile choice for baked goods, snacks, meat analogues, dairy alternatives, and pastas. Located in Breda, TPB is a dynamic, enthusiastic, and fast-growing scale-up, consisting of a team of 35 purpose-driven professionals with a strong ‘can-do’ mentality. In order to support their business growth we are looking for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist. To be successful in this position, you ideally bring knowledge of novel foods and know how to navigate through regulatory frameworks in different markets around the world. You combine food safety aspects of both nutritional and functional attributes to ensure products can enter new markets timely and in accordance with all safety and quality requirements. Join TPB in revolutionizing the future of food, one sustainable ingredient at a time.
- Co-responsible for determining and implementing effective regulatory approval strategies and providing information to customers with respect to the regulatory status and food safety aspects
- Obtain and sustain regulatory approval for the introduction of TPB’s novel foods in multiple countries
- Working on regulatory dossiers, including analyses and studies required for regulatory approvals
- Collaborate closely with external Regulatory Affairs advisors and communicate with different Food Safety Authorities worldwide (e.g. EFSA, FDA, SFA, FSA)
- Monitor national and international developments in legislation and regulation
- Create awareness within the organization when needed regarding the regulatory aspects of TPB ingredients
- Work closely with the QA Manager, R&D, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing colleagues, and report to the Regulatory Affairs & Nutrition Director.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Technology, Human Nutrition, Health Sciences, Food law, or equivalent educational background
- Relevant experience in the field of Regulatory Affairs, Food Compliance and/or Food Law
- Proficient in knowledge of relevant international food laws and regulations, as well as experience in establishing technical dossiers
- Thrives on working collaboratively across the organization, engaging all stakeholders in resolving complex issues
- Enjoys learning, embraces self-development, and likes bringing structure and standards
- Clear and assertive communication skills in English, knowledge of Dutch and other languages is a plus
- Personal attributes: capable of working independently, brings creativity to the table when solving issues, has a helicopter view and knows how to prioritize.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Harmen van Essen, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-47835354 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com.
The Protein Brewery selected DUPP for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.