Unilever (www.unilever.com) is one of the world`s largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) businesses, with interest across Personal Care, Homecare, Refreshment and Foods product categories. They reach 2 billion consumers a day. They employ ± 161,000 people. Unilver makes products that people love and that make a difference, like nutritious foods, household care essentials, indulgent ice creams and luxurious shampoos … and many more. In fact, they make around 400 much-loved brands including global brands such as Knorr, Dove, Ben&Jerries, but also local brands such as Calvé and of course the products of the Vegetarian Butcher. Shoppers buy them in more than 190 countries. Unilever wants to flourish their business, and they know that their success depends on others flourishing around them. That’s why their purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace, and why sustainable, long-term growth is at the heart of their business model. To bring all their products to the customers, there is a complex logistics chain of more than 1 million pallets per annum in the Benelux! To ensure smooth logistic operations and processes for all products at the lowest costs and minimal carbon impact in the Benelux we are looking for a decisive Logistics Manager.
- Responsible for managing the entire logistics chain in the Benelux, from the various warehouses to the customers, covering all product groups
- Leading and developing a team of in total 2 Logistics Managers and 5 Logistics Specialists working in the Netherlands and Belgium
- Acting as ‘spider in the web’ on both strategic and operational level between the external logistics partners (warehouses, tranporters and carriers) and the various internal departments (especially Customer Service, Planning and Procurement)
- Developing and implementing master plans for continuous improvement and cost savings with the Benelux partners
- Point of contact for the various logistics partners in the Benelux; from tendering and contract discussions to monitoring performances and jointly setting up improvement projects
- Controlling budgets and financial forecastings
- Key member of the European Logistics Leadership Team and reporting to the COO Benelux.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the direction of Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Administration
- Extensive relevant work experience in a fully responsible logistics role in a complex FMCG environment
- Engaged people manager who can get the best out of the 2 teams
- Analytically and strategically strong with a close link to the daily operations
- Is focused on efficiency and improvements and has strong project management skills
- Feels comfortable in a dynamic, international environment
- Has a helicopter view on complex issues
- Personal characteristics: distinctive analytical power combined with practical creativity, result-oriented, convincing, networker (internally and externally), proactive and flexible.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Annemarie van den Bos, telephone: (+31(0)317-468686 / +31(0)6-53310126 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com.
Unilever selected DUPP for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.