UNILEVER IN THE NETHERLANDS IS LOOKING FOR A CONTRACT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
We are leveraging new ways of collaborative innovation to develop solutions to critical challenges together with external partners: in other words, we are innovating together with others. For this role we need an extravert Contract Management Assistant with excellent organization, prioritization and administration skills and ideally experience of working with teams and contacts around the world.
Location: Hive, Wageningen – the Netherlands
Full-time or least 4 days
Local conditions apply
Salary indication: Euro 3140 – 3500 gross per month based on background and experience.
For the recruitment of this position, we would like to emphasize that local conditions apply to the position and for this vacancy in principle we will first consider candidates based in the Netherlands. If you are based outside of the Netherlands and you are interested to apply, please feel free to do so but we can only take your application on if a decision is made to also recruit outside of the Netherlands.
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. We work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
We have three global Nutrition & Ice Cream (N&I) R&D centres: in Bangalore (India), Colworth (UK) and, since 2019, our Global Foods Innovation Centre in Wageningen (Netherlands). These unique locations unlock an R&D network across the world. It is critical that we realize the maximum value from this global ecosystem by accessing new capabilities and technologies.
In this way Unilever creates critical mass in expertise areas to ensure that the technologies developed ultimately bring benefit-led, breakthrough innovations that are good for People and Planet. In addition, we aim to evolve our R&D sites into innovation ecosystems and to leverage new ways of collaborative innovation to develop solutions to critical challenges together with external partners.
The described vacancy is in the Nutrition & Ice Cream R&D Ecosystems Team and is based at our Global Foods Innovation Centre in Wageningen. The Nutrition & Ice Cream R&D Ecosystems Team is a small team with members based at Colworth UK and Global Foods Innovation Centre Wageningen. The responsibilities of the Ecosystems Team include building networks of interdependent relationships with external partners to solve N&I’s technical and strategic challenges, and strengthening the global N&I R&D ecosystem, leveraging the expertise and capabilities from all N&I R&D locations around the world.
The Ecosystems Team works closely with the N&I colleagues throughout the whole partnership journey, i.e., from contact to contract. Furthermore, the team is active in training and upskilling the N&I R&D community to build and grow the capability on partnering.
The primary purpose of the N&I R&D Ecosystems Assistant role is to steer and drive the process behind R&D contract management (contracts required for external collaborations) and to give management support to the full team.
This role requires you to be pro-active, able to forge strong working relationships across a diverse global network (both internal and external). You must be capable of managing your own time effectively. We expect the jobholder to have excellent organization, prioritization and administration skills and ideally have experience of working with teams and contacts around the world.
There is no typical day, but you may be involved in face-to-face, virtual or hybrid meetings, responding to queries from colleagues from around the world, using internal tools and databases, writing news articles, creating training materials, hosting drop-in sessions, etc.
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- Supporting the N&I R&D organization in contract management, ensuring process runs smoothly and efficiently, resolving problems where necessary. Working together with the central contract management admin team and with colleagues from Legal.
- Communication on behalf of the Ecosystems team (e.g., via SharePoint, Newsletters, Yammer)
- Supporting training and upskilling (ecosystems mindset)
- Organizing (on-line) meetings and events
- You may be a recent HBO or experienced graduate, or have other relevant experience e.g. as Management Assistant
- Strong evidence of networking skills
- Evidence of being a very good team player
- Efficient and pragmatic
- Outgoing character
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, plus experience in managing office processes and where necessary, developing new approaches to meeting changing needs
- English (speaking and writing)
- Experienced user of all Microsoft Office Applications including SharePoint
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE A
- Background in contract management
- Background in management support
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Unilever is the place where you can be yourself and bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. We offer an exciting & dynamic work environment where you can make things happen. Furthermore, we offer some great reward and benefits!
- Attractive total remuneration package; excellent company pension, bonus, share scheme.
- Flexible cross-disciplinary career opportunities and a wealth of training opportunities & wellbeing resources whenever and wherever.
- Plenty of company-paid holidays to further ensure your work-life balance is maintained.
- We encourage an inclusive culture, which comes to life with interchangeable public holidays, paid paternity leave of 6 weeks and our transgender policy.
- Under the Hybrid Working principles, you will be expected to spend a minimum of 40% in the office or at customers, suppliers or partners to connect and collaborate. For the time you work from home, we will ensure you are well equipped. When you are at the office , you can enjoy our tasty canteen with prepped food and own products.
- Informal culture and being the first one trying our new products.
- My Fitness Plan (reduction on your Fitness Subscription).
- Home work allowance
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Green Mobility Policy.