At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
At Beyond Meat, we are focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience.
The Buyer / MSO ensures material supply (Ingredients, Packaging Materials, Indirects) of the required quality and in the right quantity (On Time, In Full) to the Enschede, NL site. Works with the SC & Finance Manager and Global Purchasing Team to improve cost structure, total inventory, material related change management activities (also in support of innovation), delivers enablers and establishes supply base development. Works with existing suppliers and proposes new suppliers to SC & Finance Manager and Global Purchasing Team.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve material shortages before they affect production
- Places purchase orders and updates PO delivery status and notifies departments impacted by late deliveries
- Supports Production team with planning efforts to ensure appropriate levels of raw materials and packaging materials
- Works closely with Quality Assurance and suppliers to ensure quality on-boarding performed and new supplies meet all requirements for product specifications, testing, capacity and scalability
- Supports inventory control to plan safety stock levels of finished goods
- Facilitates return of merchandise to supplier due to quality issues, delivery terms, etc.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned periodically by SC & Finance Manager
- Develops prospects for supply of raw materials, packaging materials and indirects, ie: goods and services
- Participates in pricing negotiations with SC & Finance Manager and/or Global Purchasing to ensure that cost reduction targets met while maintaining all quality expectations
- Negotiate price/payment terms and delivery schedules with new and current suppliers
- B.S. degree preferred with emphasis Operations, Supply Chain Management, or another applicable field
- 3+ years of experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain or Manufacturing
- Experience buying, planning and negotiating within the food industry preferred
- Language communication efficiency in Dutch and English
- Capable of presenting data and analyses in an organized, clear, and concise manner
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high-growth environment while juggling multiple projects and competing priorities
- Systems: Experience with NetSuite a plus; MS Excel knowledge, pivot tables, V-lookup, complex formulas, conditional formatting, and data validation
- Mainly working in the Enschede office environment with occasional travel to suppliers in NL
- Full time 40 hours per week preferred, 32 hours possible
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.