With operations in more than 25 countries, 3,500 employees worldwide and sales in some 100 countries, it is safe to say that the Royal Zeelandia Group (KZG) is a major and influential global player in the field of bakery ingredients. Zeelandia is a master at finding inventive ways to create bakery success.
With new ingredients, better ways to bake, manage and sell products, it is committed to developing products tailored to local tastes and needs around the world. The product portfolio is divided into 3 main categories; bread ingredients, baking ingredients and release agents. The head office is located in Zierikzee (Netherlands). For more information see also www.zeelandia.com.
Are you strong in building category strategies and ready to play in the premier league? Then we would like to meet you and discuss this rare career opportunity.
You will formulate and realize the category strategy of grains, seeds as well as gluten and startches. You plan, optimize and align the cross functional procurement this category, develop suppliers and bring innovation for the group. This requires intensive communication and cooperation with a large number of stakeholders. You are responsible for the quality and contingency of supply,
Your key job responsibilities
- Develop strategies and sourcing policies for the respective raw material categories in coordination with relevant departments (local procurement, MRD, SC, QESH, ..) creating transparency in the SC from farm to fork and ensuring compliance to legal and environmental requirements
- Execute sourcing plans (in accordance with the defined sourcing strategy) and support local procurement departments in the procurement process
- Select, qualify and evaluate global (preferred) suppliers and negotiate the commercial conditions, conclude (framework) contracts and monitor / improve their performance.
- You are also also the procurement linking pin in the MRD innovation funnel for the Bread Category, as well in optimization projects in that category.
- Monitor, analyze and report on (market) developments and trends
We are looking for an inventive and ambitious procurement specialist, with a passion for the food business and category management.
- Seasoned: 5-10 years purchasing experience in an (international) food environment. Experience within a matrix environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge on sourcing of agro-commodities
- Msc or BSc in a relevant study,
- Negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong capabilities in leading projects and programs
- Proactive contribution to change processes
- Be able to communicate fluently in English
- You will be expected to travel in Europe [as much as 10% of your time].
What Zeelandia offers
In addition to the competitive benefits that come with this position, you will have a challenging role in an ambitious, international and dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to make a difference.
Royal Zeelandia Group has outsourced the recruitment and selection for this vacancy exclusively to BEACH Recruitment. For more information you can contact BEACH Recruitment (023-2050288) or directly with the responsible consultant Hans Otten (06-12766261) You can apply via www.beachrecruitment.com.