With operations in more than 25 countries, 3,500 employees worldwide and sales in some 100 countries, it is safe to say that the Royal Zeelandia Group (KZG) is a major and influential global player in the field of bakery ingredients.
Zeelandia is a master at finding inventive ways to create bakery success. With new ingredients, better ways to bake, manage and sell products, it is committed to developing products tailored to local tastes and needs around the world. The product portfolio is divided into 3 main categories; bread ingredients, pastry ingredients and release agents. The head office is located in Zierikzee (Netherlands).
For more information see also www.zeelandia.com.
Are you strong in building category strategies and ready to play in the premier league? Then we would like to meet you and discuss this rare career opportunity. The global procurement department is responsible for raw materials, third party products, packaging and indirect expenditures, with an annual spend of over 300 million euros. You will be fully responsible for the 3PP and Packaging categories. All possible flows across the group are to be mapped. In combination with the matrix organization structure, it requires intensive communication and cooperation with a large number of stakeholders. The category manager provides analyses and insights to make strategic choices in, such as make-or-buy or supplier branded versus private label.
Your key responsibilities.
- Develop 3PP and Packaging category strategies and sourcing policies and link this to the commercial strategy for 3PP products.
- Execute product category strategies, by sourcing services, products, raw materials and packaging and supporting local purchasing departments in the sourcing process.
- Further develop make-or-buy manual in close collaboration with operations and SCM and align with make-or-buy decisions
- Select, qualify and evaluate global (preferred) suppliers and negotiate commercial terms and conclude (framework) contracts
- Ensuring knowledge assurance and sharing with regard to own area of responsibility within the group
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting (market) developments and trends
We are looking for an inventive and ambitious procurement specialist, with a passion for the food business.
- Seasoned: 5-10 years purchasing experience in an (international) food environment. Experience within a matrix environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge/experience with 3PP, Co-manufacturing.
- Msc or BSc in a relevant study,
- Negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong capabilities in leading projects and programs
- Proactive contribution to change processes
- Be able to communicate fluently in English
- You will be expected to travel in Europe [as much as 10% of your time].
What Zeelandia offers
In addition to the competitive benefits that come with this position, you will have a challenging role in an ambitious, international and dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to make a difference.
Royal Zeelandia Group has outsourced the recruitment and selection for this vacancy exclusively to BEACH Recruitment. For more information you can contact BEACH Recruitment (023-2050288) or directly with the responsible consultant Hans Otten (06-12766261) You can apply via www.beachrecruitment